Preparing for Change under the Companies Act 2014
Guidance for Regulated Entities
a morning Seminar on Friday 15th May 2015
2015 marks a major shift in how companies will form and operate in Ireland.
The provisions of the Companies Act 2014 are due to take effect on 1st June 2015 and while the Act consolidates the large volume of legislation and caselaw that went before, it also introduces a fundamental change to the forms that Irish companies may take.
Every Irish company now has to decide on its own new legal form going forward and to do so before the expiry of the fixed transitional period. The Act focuses heavily on the Private Company Limited by Shares where the primary choice to be made now is between the new LTD Company and the Designated Activity Company (DAC). The Act will also provide for PLC's, Guarantee Companies, Unlimited Companies and Investment Companies.
This 2 hour seminar will aim to assist regulated entities in making the decision on a new legal form by giving practical guidance on the steps to be taken during the transitional period to ensure continuity and avoid any unnecessary re-registration or indeed re-establishment. It will explore the differences between the legal forms, the legal necessity for some firms to re-register as a DAC and the potential for this requriement to extend to all regulated entities.
- How to decide which legal form is right for your company taking into account the differences between the new company forms
- Understanding the legal requirements for re-regsitration and how Regulated Entities are affected by the changes
- Key dates in the Transitional period for re-registration and why doing nothing is not an option
- How to re-register in a new company form - the steps to be taken before the transitional period deadline
- How to organise yourself to make sure everything is done correctly.
Who Should Attend:
- Directors (Executive and Non-Executive)
- Company Secretaries
- Senior Management
- Compliance Officers
- Legal Counsel
Cost: €50.00 per attendee
This seminar will be presented by Annemarie Whelan.
Date: Friday 15th May 2015
Registration: 8.30 - 9.30 (Tea/Coffee and pastries will be served at registration)
Start Time: 9.30 am
Finish Time: 12.00 pm
Venue: Gibson Hotel, Point Village Dublin 1
Cost: €50 per attendee